PVCE glue on keytops

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Sat, 07 Nov 1998 11:38:03 -0500

I usually try to classify solvents (cleaning and thinning products) into
classes that I can use and understand.  Try this approach (with the 1st
being the safest and least abrasive, and on and on):

1.) Water based cleaners and solvents (ammonia, Windex, Clorox, etc.)
(Latex Paint)
2.) Alcohol based cleaners and solvents (Shellac)
3.) Petroleum based cleaners, solvents (paint thinner, lighter fluid,
turpentine)(Enamel)
4.) Laquer based products (laquer thinner...acetone (be careful) Laquer
5.) Polyester, polyurethane based products  (tread with
caution....danger) (piano finishes)
     (if you can't read the chemical name, don't use it to clean the
keytops).

I have no reference book for spelling with me, so there are doubtlessly
mistakes.  This is but a "30 shop experience" of common sense approach
to cleaners and solvents.  It is not intended to be a bible....

Ricard de La Rosa
PRO PIANO