Ach, de liber! That's how I feel about Brash Ds

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Sat, 07 Nov 1998 11:28:52 -0500

Dear Richard Moody:

If I could see your smiling face I probably would have found the missive most
entertaining.  Without seeing the smile, I merely wondered if you were talking about
Leonard Jarret or Jarrod or whatever his name was, and marveled at your German?

Who was he, anyway?

You are not talking about Bob Fenton (or whatever his name was) are you?.

And Peter Wolford is still kicking.

Who are you referring to?

However, the points I made are pretty much valid....they seem to go with the turf of
being the "baddest piano" on the street.  I don't know why, and have spent thousands
of hours trying to rid them of their "technically unpleasant attributes."   However,
when/if I succeed, they are no longer popular to the max.   Ergo, don't mess with
perfection....it is the safe and reliable maxim of piano technical life.

See you soon,

Ricard