S&S action

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 02:03:55 -0600

----------
> From: Ron Nossaman <nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: S&S action
> Date: Friday, November 06, 1998 7:44 AM
>
> At 12:32 AM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >By the way, Ron, what do you think of Ronsonal (spelling?)  (lighter
> >fluid...naptha) and/or Protech instead of alcohol?  For my money, it is
much
> >easier to work with, faster, safer, surer and dependable. I dont's
imploy it is
> >"safe" for you, but for the project at hand.
> >
> >Bye for now.
>> >Ricard
>
> * Protek is a cleaner and lubricant. A naptha (solvent of any sort)
> treatment will temporarily help, especially an old action with vertigris
> buildup, but doesn't have the lubricating properties of Protek. These
> centers were just pinned too tight. so the alchohol was what was called
for.
> I did Protek the centers as a final buffer against residual gremlins.
>  Ron

May I add that I put Protek into a dispenser with a brass tip, and now
that is showing a green residue around it.  I keep threatening to put a
bunch of center pins into a jar of CLP to confirm another collegue's
results.
	For SHRINKING  if that is what is needed, nothing beats alcohol and
water.   well execpt when a couple of drops of photoflo is added. But
don't blame me if you slop it onto nearby leather coverings and they end
up looking up like dried boot lacings after sloshing around in a Fall
Dakota snow storm.  Especially if you didn't  use the Moody Dripolator.

Ric Withethanolyoucandrinktherest.

ps  Lighter fluid, (naptha) works best for verdigris clogged centers.
See, I am so agreeable.  x-( ;Þ