softwindows or virtual pc

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:53:32 EST

> Hi list,
>
>  	I am wondering if any of you mac users have softwindows, real pc or
>  virtual pc and which software you prefer.
>
>  	I have a Mac desktop as well as a powerbook with RCT and would like
>  to know whether to get this software program or if I will have to get an
>  actual pc (orange) card.
>
>  	Not related to pianos but indirectly important.
>
>  Thanks, Eliot

I had always used Macs until last year when I bought my first PC. On reason
was to quit having to fight with 90% of the computer world, and the other was
that it was a lot cheaper that buying a new G3.

After a year, I'm happy with my PC, but I would still rather have a Mac. Oh,
well.

Anyway, from what I've read in various computer magazines, any of the software
programs designed to make a Mac act like a PC will work but will operate VERY
slowly. Poor enough performance that they all recomended that if you really
need to run PC stuff, get a PC.

Here again, just what I've heard. You might want to check it out yourself.

Dave Bunch