grand plate hoist

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:41:20 -0600

To make a nice plate hoist for a one man shop get a worm drive winch and =
a 1/2" variable speed reversable drill with the reversing switch on the =
trigger. Make a bracket to mount the winch and drill so that the drill =
drives the winch. Remove the trigger-reversing switch from the drill and =
add a wire of sufficent length between the trigger assembly and the =
drill so that the winch-drill assembly can be mounted to the overhead. =
Make sure you INSULATE ALL the electrical componets! With this setup you =
can raise or lower the plate very slowly at first and faster once it has =
cleared the things it needs to clear. Since you can walk around the =
piano with the trigger assembly you can steady the plate as you lift it. =
The one draw back is you have to bring the piano to the hoist instead of =
the hoist to the piano.

John Dewey  jdent@soltec.net

PS I am new to this internet thing so haven't figured if I need to put =
in my e-mail address or if the thing puts it in automatically