CFS - trivia? more

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 01 Nov 1998 20:28:26 -0700

About ten years ago, I tuned a grand that had the name Charles Frederick
Stein on the fallboard. It had an unusual feature on the soundboard
which I can only describe as an "outrigger" that broadened out the foot
of the treble bridge - normal width at C8 widening to about 4" toward
the tenor but with a normal cap running along the back edge. The only
other thing I remember was that, although the piano hadn't been tuned in
many years, it didn't need much work at all. It was very stable. The
piano was for sale and if I were wealthy, I would have bought it just to
find out what made it tick.

Pierce says they made pianos 1924 - 1942.

To Conrad: Lowrey made the Story & Clark pianos with C. F. Stein scale.
1970 on. Is this what you were asking?

--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA