Radiant Heat

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 09:34:30 -0800

Hi Carl,
Yes, indeed, I expected it would behave differently in different climates.
An area rug of any sort makes a big difference in my own home.  Those areas
are much cooler on my feet when I step on them.

It is also worth mentioning that many people love to feel their feet nice
and warm and so they crank up the thermostat.  I was told that this was not
the correct way to use the system.  If the floor feels warm, it's cranked up
too high.

If the heat is floating upwards (by design), it will, of course, warm those
objects which are in its path.  As with other very efficient heating systems
in colder or damper climates, a climate control system would be recommended.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA