pitch lowering

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Fri, 29 May 1998 02:32:52 -0500

Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth,

I don't use any mutes between  C3 and C6 or so when doing a pitch raise of 15
cents or more. I just use the SOT set to between 5 to 8 cents above A-440 and
use a generic scale for the piano being tuned. The display can lock on one
string while all are vibrating. After the 1st string stops the LED display from
spinning I bring the other 2 up aurally. I can clearly hear when the first two
strings are clean even when the third string is beating wildly. I can do a
solid pitch raise in this manner in about 15-20 minutes.

Regards,
Greg Torres