Sound in Feet per Second.

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Fri, 29 May 1998 17:28:52 +1200

To Barrie Heaton (and others)

Thanks for this Velocity info.

I must say that a few things worry me - please re-examine your table
in relation to the following:

1) The low speed in Alcohol is, I suppose, to be expected:-))
2) Gold pianos are not very stable if operated above 20 deg.
Centigrade:-))
3) How about the timbers used in piano soundboards?
You only tabled Maple !
4) What is the relationship, if any, between timber "resonance" and
the 3 speeds you have quoted ?
5) What do you build pianos out on in UK ?

Barrie - I Like you signature below.
How about a "neighborhood watch group" with free phone to your office.

AlanD (just spying on you lot)