The *Poll*..

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat, 23 May 1998 09:27:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Phil,

   Sounds like you've gotten some good training and experience. Keep it up.

>..it's still my goal to become RPT by the end of the year..the tuning
>and the written exams should not be a problem for me..the practical is
>where i'll run into a snag..but everyday i work in this field is
>another day closer to becoming RPT..

Referring to the technical exam, if you don't already have it, get The
Technical Examination--A Source Book put out by PTG. If you get comfortable
with the things that are in there, plus the experience you already have,
you should have no real trouble passing the exam.

>..Since I've been working for them, I've tuned for Baldwin Artists
>that come to town..the first one being tuning 2 SD-10's back to
>back!!..I've tuned for Andre Watts..

>The Rookie!

   My very first *real* concert tuning was for Baldwin artists Ferrante &
Teicher (I never can remember how to spell that). That was two pianos
together but it turned out fine. That was the first REAL test of my tuning
stability. They're pounders.

Avery

P.S. Learn to tie that *&^%$#@! tuners knot. That ate my lunch as well a
finger or two. :-)