Was The *Poll*.., now passing Exams

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Sat, 23 May 1998 10:31:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/98 8:20:18 AM Central Daylight Time, tito@peganet.com
writes:

<< .the closest person that appeared on that list was Larry Crabb in
 Atlanta..i called him..we decided I should come up there and see what
 he has to offer..so I flew up and we met..what I found was a congenial
 Southern Gentleman(right Jim?!) willing to teach this Yankee anything
 he ever wanted to know about the field..

 ..it's still my goal to become RPT by the end of the year..the tuning
 and the written exams should not be a problem for me..the practical is
 where i'll run into a snag..but everyday i work in this field is
 another day closer to becoming RPT..

 The Rookie!  >>

Larry is one of PTG's best-loved members, Phil.  You could not have chosen a
better teacher.  He will be participating in the Festival of Temperaments
program in which I am involved.  If you can sing, Larry would be glad to have
you in his ad hoc PTG Chorus too.  It would be a great group to participate
in, if you have the time.

The Convention would be an ideal place for you to take the RPT Tuning Exam
(and pass with flying colors!).  If you feel you are not yet ready for the
Technical Exam, there will be plenty of classes which will help you
specifically in the areas where there may be gaps in your knowledge and skill.
There is even a class which deals specifically with the requirements of the
Technical Exam.  From this class, you could identify the tasks that you aren't
sure about, learn to do them later, then complete your RPT certification.
Larry might even be able to give you the Technical Exam at his facility.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin