Rim Repair reply back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 21:31:13 -0500

Hi Frank,
Woodplug cutters are not expensive.  One place would be your local
woodworking store where you could get the plug cutters and the maple for
not much money.  The maple you put in the plug will be better than the
material in the rim as it comes from the factory.  The problem with hammer
shanks is as you said using end grain.  Good luck.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
Competency is being able to do what you claim to be able to
do...consistently.    Competency Rules