Weaver Pianos with a "J" arm.

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 16:17:07 EDT

Dick,

I have one in our store and it is .... JUNK.  The "J" arm as you describe
makes it very heavy touch.  It is pretty and we got $1995 when we sold it.  It
will go out in two weeks.  Not a rare find,  I have sold many of them over the
years.  They are nice to look at.

Bill mentioned that this may be a square grand.  That is not true.  This is
easy to work on and is a drop action.  The action may not be sluggish, but
heavy.  The "J" arms weigh it down.

Ed Tomlinson

Dick Powell asked....
If anyone out there knows any thing about or has seen one of these pianos
please let me know. Is it a rare & valuable old piano , or just an old
weird piano?
Also because of the big j shaped hooks attached to the keys , the action
is quite sluggish.