charging for service

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Tue, 5 May 1998 23:33:20 -0400

>>...God free me from contacting you. ..
>>...I don't even want to know you...
>>...May God have mercy on your souls, blood-suckers...
>>
>>Peggy C. Bie
>>"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -Anais Nin
>
>Dear List,
>
>I think this post is a set-up, but I'll say it anyway.

The following remarks of mine were originally to Carl Root privately, but
seeing that others have dignified Mrs. Bie's post with a response, my
comments will be of genaral value:

==================================
A very sad story, assuming she is who she says she is. (Or maybe she's Bil
Bremmer in drag-sorry 'bout that.)
There certainly might be a place in this conversation among professional
piano technicians, for a customer who just happens to have stumbled in
(through the Piano Page?). But in all our conversations about customers,
there is scant mention is how to deal with this particular kind. (With the
exception of Wim Blees back in Jan, who told of being called by one such
"Poor young mother, abandoned by a man", on the week of her eviction, only
because Wim had recently been there to tune her piano. He placed a few
phone calls to fellow chuch members and got her the help she needed.)

As each of us concentrates on heading our business upscale, this kind of
customer gets left behind. Hard for them, uncomfortable for us when they
remind us of it.

Very valuable comments of yours by the way.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve Forbes,
quoting his father, Malcom.