charging for service

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 5 May 1998 22:36:44 -0500 (CDT)

At 08:53 PM 5/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am a visually disabled elderly widow.

--- etc. ---

>Peggy C. Bie
>"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -Anais Nin
>http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1095

Peggy,

Have you ever worked for a living? Has the continued probability of there
being food on your table, and a roof over your head ever been immediately
dependant on your daily ability to produce a marketable quantity, or quality
of work? Have you ever had to compete in the free marketplace, against the
ignorance of the general populous as to just what you do that's worth what
you charge? What, exactly, have you done lately to earn your stipend?

"'We are what we eat.', said a wise old man. Lord, if that's true, I'm a
garbage can."
        - Victor Buono -

 Ron