PT Journal Index/epoxy article

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 04 May 1998 06:31:31

>There is a pair of anomlaies (which may be one in the same):
>	(No Date)--Tuning Pin Tightening With Epoxy--JUL--p.8--PTJournal
>	JAN/72---Tuning Pin Tightening With Epoxy--JAN --p,6--PTJournal
>Ted (or someone esle with issues that old). Are these the same articel, and
>which one is correct.
>
>Bill Ballard, RPT
>New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

Hello, Bill

January-February 1972 (combined issue) on page 6, part of a list of glues:

8. Davcon's [sic] Five-Minute Epoxy: To tighten loose tuning pins. (We
haven't tried this idea yet, but Steve Fairchild swears that it works.
Remove the pin from the hole, taking care not to break the becket or bend
of the wire where it goes into the tuning pin. Clean out the hole in the
pinblock with an alcohol-soaked rag in case any pin tinghtener has been
used. Mix the epoxy an smear the inside of the hole iwth it, also putting
some on the lower quarter of the tuning pin. Replace the pin in the hole,
put the wire back on, and tune immediately. No matter how wild the idea
sounds, Steve claims it is like a miracle and the pin continues to move as
if it were in a new pinblock. Be sure to use only the Five-Minute Epoxy.)

My hat is off to Ted Simmons. His index obviously is very detailed, and
isn't just a collection of tables of contents. This excerpt is part of "The
Technical Forum" by Don Galt, technical editor. It was sent in by James L.
Johnson.

The July/?? item I couldn't find, not knowing the year. I looked at the
July/72 issue just in case, but it wasn't there.

Regards,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I'm glad there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to do
today."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant