Furniture polish on satin finish)

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 03 May 1998 23:09:04 -0700

Avery:
	The product manufacturer's name is Meguiar's Mirror Glaze.  They make a
large variety of compounds for various purposes, with a numbering system
from 1 to 45 or beyond.  I have recommended for years the number 10 for
polishing out hairline scratches by hand.  There is a number 17 which is
a cleaner.   I have also seen a spritzer (I don't know the number) which
is like the Cory products.  Auto body supply stores, boat stores, and
automotive stores carry it.  It is marketed locally for cleaning and
polishing convertible top windows.  Also, you could try a company which
sells plastics like lexan or plexiglas.  They also have similar products
for polishing plastics.
	Buffing out anything deeper than hairline scratches requires a special
buffer.  I use a Milwaukee variable speed buffing machine which is
fitted with a buffing wheel instead of a bonnet.  There is a company in
Buena Park, CA called Esquire Piano who sells all you might need,
incuding compounds buffing wheels, polyester, etc.  It can cost you
several hundred dollars to get set up to do polishing and polyester
work.  But it can also be a good source of extra income.
	Paul McCloud