Another perspective

Maxpiano Maxpiano@aol.com
Mon, 4 May 1998 06:02:19 EDT

List-

My piano work, church and nonprofit organization work, and my family keep me
so occupied that I do not have time to open all the e-mail that comes through
on the list.  I have some unread mail from January, and who knows how much I
lost before that through a glitsch in the e-mail software.

Neither do I have time to respond to posts that irritate me, or to correct bad
grammar.  If I have a piano problem, I throw it out to the list and watch
carefully for the next few days.  I always get several good responses.  If I
see a thread is going sour, I pick another thread to read with whatever
limited reading time is at my disposal.  Some whose posts I have found
irritating or sarcastic at times, have nevertheless shown sound judgment and
experience at other times when responding to a query.  I sincerely believe
that all on the list want to be helpful.

So my solution is to be too busy to respond to every knock.  Sure, someone
will suggest, I am intimating you all are not busy enough, but that conclusion
is beyond the scope of my post.  If you are taking time to read every post and
respond frequently, you just have different priorities from mine.

Bill Maxim

"Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first."  (Wisdom posted on the wall above a
piano I tuned recently)