Mason & Hamlin

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:51:06 -0500 (CDT)

List,

   I want to publicly thank Cecil Ramirez with Mason & Hamlin. Last Monday,
I sent an e-mail from their web page asking:

>>Is there any way possible that when one "bookmarks" your site, the
>>bookmark >>would show as Mason & Hamlin instead of simply "Home Page"?
>>When you come >>back to it some time later it's sometimes hard to
>>remember what "Home Page"
>>is.

   The next day I received this e-mail:

> Hello, Avery: > Thank you for your e-letter regarding the title that
>shows when creating a >bookmark for our web site. It appears that I
>originally set the HTML title
>tag on our home page to read simply "Home Page" when creating a bookmark,
>and I didn't change it once things got underway. > Thank you for writing
>and pointing this out to me. I have changed the
>titling so that when you create a bookmark, the bookmark should read "Mason
>& Hamlin Pianos". I am certain that you will find this much easier to work
>with than "Home Page". > We greatly appreciate you taking the time to
>visit our web site. Look for
>some new things to appear in the next few weeks. > Sincerely, > Cecil >
>----------------------------> Cecil Ramirez> National Sales Manager> Mason
>& Hamlin> ----------------------------> Haverhill, MA, USA> Sacramento,
>CA, USA> ----------------------------

   My request had already been attended to. I was very impressed with the
promptness of the reply and action. This kind of attention, if continued
into the *all* areas will win friends and influence many people.
   I don't know if anyone from M & H is on the list or not, but again I
say, "Thanks Cecil".

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music