Taking off shoes.

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:50:47 -0500

Jim Birch wrote:

>I often wonder, which is worse, the
>sweat from my perhaps damp socks or a slight residue from the outside on my
>soles.  I'm not comfortable working in my stocking feet, and in the winter my
>feet get cold.
>
>If it is a messy day, I will wipe my feet well.  If the rug looks expensive,
>I'll ask first.  The client will either bring me a towel or say "don't worry
>about it"  Very seldom am I asked to remove my shoes.  The important thing is
>to show consideration for their home.
>
>Jim Birch, RPT

I've gone back and forth about this for years. Right now, I'm saying
better safe than sorry - or embarassed.

If there is any dampness outside, off come the shoes.

I work for a number of Asian-Americans. I look at their feet. If they are
barefoot, in stocking feet, or wearing house shoes, I take off my shoes.

Kent Swafford