breaking strings

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 19:52:42 -0600

Brian,
I recently chose to use Protek on two pianos with string termination points
slightly corroded after breaking a string in the mid treb. I chose it over
the three in one oil because the can was almost empty. In using oil I have
always taken great care to wipe any any any excess off so as to not get any
running down the strings to the dampers or hammers or into the bass string
windings. Having no oil and thinking of how protek dries very fast I
decided to give it a try. As it is much thinner than any oil that I have
used,  I was very cautious about how much was being applied to the bearing
point. It worked great and would recommend its limited use. A little is
good but more does not equal better. At this point I have not used Protek
on a customers piano in the field but will the next time the opportunity is
right.
Joe Goss
You know your on the level if your bubble is in the middle.

> From: Brian L. Daley <tunerselbow@earthlink.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: breaking strings
> Date: Friday, July 03, 1998 7:10 PM