butt plate clips loose

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:56:07 -0700

Replacing the rail is the absolute best choice, but since you asked for
ideas "short" of replacement, here goes:
	Use the repair clips, but..... remove the center pins from the butts that
go on the broken area, AND the butts on either side of the broken ones. Use
a piece of bass wire core to make one long center for the affected area,
and install all three or four at once. Works great.
Guy