EXTRA! EXTRA! Plate Repairs- THIS COULD BE IT!

Richard Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 19:07:46 -0600

Wim en Debby wrote:

> Hi List,
> l know this method for several years. l have also good experiance with
> it . Here in Belgium its called Metalock. lt was made to repair cast
> iron peaces like huge waterpumps and engine-blocks. But cast-iron
> frames from piano's and grands, are easy to fix. It is cheap and there
> is no risc, like there is with  welding, that your plate breaks at
> another place.
> best regards,
> Wim Vermeyen
> Wim's Piano Service
> Ekeren, Belgium
> wim.debby@village.uunet.be

I will be doing a LockNstitch on a 1906 Conover plate sometime in the
next two weeks. Cracks are in (2) the pinblock struts, which load in
tension. Piano has four individual pinblocks. I live in Central Ill
(Clinton) and would welcome any one wanting to join the experience.
Richard O. Snelson Phone 217-935-4215