Band Saws

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:02:48 -0600

About a year ago, I posted the same question.  Many recommended the Delta
14", a couple the Shopsmith, and a couple some more expensive than I was
willing to pay like the Inca.  I did _extensive_ research and ended up at
my local Delta dealer when they have their twice annual Delta sale (when
the reps come out, etc.)  It ended up a little cheaper than all of the mail
order places after shipping (but paying no tax). At the time Joel Rappaport
had a used one for sale.  Might check with him now.  I love the Delta, got
the cool blocks, fence, stand, etc.  I got the enclosed model.  I am not as
advanced as some of the others on this list when it comes to rebuilding,
etc, etc.  But it works great for me.  Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.