Customers and e-mail

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:06:15 EST

In a message dated 12/12/98 6:02:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tito@PhilBondi.com writes:

<< Good Morning all.

 Yesterday, I received 2 e-mails from customers. One asking for a tuning
 now instead of waiting another month when she's due and another from a
 very satisfied commercial account asking me to explain what the piano
 needed exactly according to my invoice that I left there on Thursday
 (voicing and minor regulating adjustments).

 After explaining the procedure ( via e-mail) and the approximate cost to
 the commercial customer, they agreed and we booked a day early next
 month..The residential customer is getting a touch-up on Wednsday.

 This seems to be a positive approach to book and explain procedures.
 This isn't the first time I have booked work via e-mail, but it is the
 first time I'm posting it here.

 I'm off to put more smiles on more faces!

 wishing you all the best,

 Phil

 We live in a large metropolitan area and email does not bode well for my
customers yet.  If you travel outside of town, it may be better than long
distance.  What has worked well for me locally, is a university I service
pianos for, their music department chairman emails me of room availability
where I need to tune.  Then I print his posting and take it with me when I go
there to tune.

Hope this helps.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR