Restringing time/monday fun

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:29:55 -0600 (CST)

Ron,
At 19:50 12/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Yo Conrad,
>
>I really wasn't ignoring you, I just got a little distracted. Short
>attention span, you know, early indications of... er, what's'is name's.

CRS syndrome, I believe...

>>tension before they have to be stretched out again after reinstallation?

>'Splain this to me, will you? Or are you shucking me?

Aw, shucks. I wouldn't shuck you.

I remember that when I re-somethinged a Baldwin E and later a Baldwin C the
things had been restrung, but the pinblocks weren't up to it.  Consequently
I decided to reuse the (almost) new strings. Since it took me a little
longer than an hour to reinstall the strings (I also replaced the pear
knuckles), I had the pleasure of a new string breaking in period - not as
dramatic, but there none the less.

'Splained 'nuf?

Conrad Hoffsommer  mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

First Law of Freelance Artists:
-A high-paying rush job comes in only after you
 have committed to a low-paying rush job.