Yamaha C3

PDtek PDtek@aol.com
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:40:24 EDT

>  You obviously haven't seen the newer Petrofs, or for that matter the older
>  ones.....
>  they are VERY nice instruments..... and, thank goodness they all don't
sound
>  like Yamahas......

I would have to second this. I have installed PianoDisc in about a dozen
Petrofs, and have found them to be well built, great sounding pianos with a
warm, round tone and bell like clarity and sustain in the treble. For those
interested, Petrof may be the most PianoDisc installation friendly piano
around. Fewer modifications necessary. With player operation, there is very
little action noise and virtually no damper return noise. If I have heard any
complaints, it is that the action is heavier than most.

What I find strange is than in discussion of Petrof in the past on this list,
there is an incredibly wide range of opinion as to the quality of this piano
ranging from "it's junk" to "it's one of the best". Am I missing something?
Has the company had good years and bad years? Good models and bad? Is it
possible for perception among professionals to vary this greatly when looking
at the same piano?

Dave Bunch
Des Moines, IA
members.aol.com/pdtek/piano.htm