Funny maybe Not so Funny Stories.I

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 19:50:08 EDT

<<
 One funny story. I tuned a vertical in a house when no one was there, being
 instructed to let myself in. The family cat was unusually friendly, and since
 I like cats, I spent a few minutes getting aquainted, after which he wandered
 off. When I was about done tuning, finishing off the treble, I suddenly heard
 the sound of a bass note playing. Startled, I turned around to see the cat,
 sitting on the bench, paws on the keys. He had discovered that if he pushed
on
 that white thing, something in the piano would jump. He played the note again
 and then jumped up to attack the moving hammer. I put him on the floor and he
 immediately jumped back up to resume his routine. Anyway, I had to finish
 tuning against the background of repeating bass notes.
 Made me think of a new twist on an old theory. Put 1000 cats in a room with
 1000 pianos and eventually one will play Meloncholy Baby.

 Dave Bunch

1000 cats? I would not survive.  I am alergic to them.

Years ago, when my sister had a cat, he would hop on the grand piano I was
playing and watch the hammers go up and down.  His head would bob in rhythm if
the hammer movement.  Then when he was looking at the bass section, I suddenly
gave it a heavy blast, and he took off like a bat out of hell.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR