..the proper procedure..

A440A A440A@aol.com
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 05:57:38 EDT

Greetings,
    Except for the new pianos, every tuning we do, we took away from another
tuner.  This is what keeps us honest, and rewards those that continually
strive to get better at what they do.
 (Opinion here, nothing more):
      I don't think there is a proper procedure.  This is outright
competition, which is good for all, (except the lazy).  If you can deliver a
superior product at the same price, you may get the account.  If you can
deliver the same product at a lower price,  you still may, but there is less
chance.
     The tuners in these schools will possibly have a rapport established, you
will be the interloper, so I would suggest reading a book called "The Book Of
Five Rings".
It is a guide to strategy, and has some thoughts that will be of use when the
knives come out.
Regards,
Ed Foote
http://www.airtime.co.uk/forte/history/edfoote.html