Pure fifths temp.

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 01:00:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi Marcel:

Use OTS 8 or 9
It will be close, but usually not quite bring pure 5ths. You may have to
change the custom limits a little. If you still have your SAT and if it
is a SAT II, you could download its records to the RCT if you have the
MIDI and then you would have the
identical tuning you used before. I have struggled a little to trying to
duplicate the same things I know how to do with the SAT. However, I don't
think the customer is likely to know the difference, and we won't tell.
The later versions of the RCT program do allow some graphic altering of
the stretch and I believe it indicates the beat stretch now. I don't have
the very latest program up and running yet. You will probably need to aim
for an octave stretch pretty close to 1 bps to accomplish the pure 5ths.
Your 4ths will be a little faster yet, but the other intervals will lay
in very smoothly in their progression. As you get to octave 6, you can
always check the 12ths, 19ths and double and triple octaves to see that
you are staying within a good balance of all four types of intervals.

Jim Coleman, Sr.