hard pounding

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:48:22 -0700

Jim and list,

To me, these are the key words here..."on this piano/strings/block".

When tuning new Samicks, for example, I use the gradual pull to the sharp side and
then a couple of firm blows while gently nudging the pin back slightly to let the
string render back towards "in tune".  But this technique does not work at all for
me when tuning new Yamahas as they have a totally different "feel". So, different
techniques do work better for different makes/models of pianos.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Greg Torres

JIMRPT wrote: (snipped)

....by the time I finish the temperament I will have dropped off into whatever
technique works best, for me,  on this piano/strings/block.