software/technology question back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 06:44:47 -0600

Dear Brad and list,
I have found in my business that when clients call they want to talk to me.
 I tried for a while long ago to have my wife answer the phone and did not
get good results.  They , I think, didn't like talking to someone else
about their piano even if she was my wife.
What has been working well for me is everyone who calls my number gets call
transferred to my voice mail.  It pages me and I call it to see who it is
and what they want.  I can then make the choice whether to call them back
right now or wait till I get home.  It works well if something comes up and
you have a void to fill.  Most of the time someone will call up with a
request for a tuning in a hurry.  It happened for me just yesterday to fill
a last minute cancellation.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com