software/technology question

Brad Smith bsmith006@sprintmail.com
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 06:47:18 -0500

Thanks for your responses.  It may be too early to do it.  Also, I had
not planned to depend on a web page to attract new customers, only to
help eliminate phone tag for my existing customers. I have used fax,
email, voice mail, carrier pigeon, etc. to book appointments. Right now,
my wife is booking tunings, and she has almost doubled the amount I was
booking before I finally delegated the task.

A customer could log on to a web site with an ID#, see a display of my
monthly calendar, then  click on days and times to choose an
appointment. My parameters would already be in the calendar such as:
No early rush hour appointments in Boston, or late rush hour from
Boston, etc. (Sounds like I'm prejudiced against Boston, doesn't it?)
Or, tailored routing of different towns which are adjacent.

I have purchased over the web, and it looks like it is getting more
common.  Many businesses are opting to steer people toward their web
page, instead of sending them brochures for instance. Look at us now, we
are conversing regularly with this list, and I would dearly miss it if
it were not there. Same goes for my cell phone.

I have asked several customers if they would use such a service, and
they have all been receptive to it. I figure if it cost me a week's work
to set it up, it would not be long before it paid for itself in time
spent doing phone tag. I'm just not sure how to do it. And, what
software could I use at home, which could be reflected on the web page
as appoinments get booked. Thanks again, I'll let you know if/when I
get this happening. I appreciate any insights you have.

Brad Smith, RPT
Manchester, NH