Polyester Ripples

C. Mike Swendsen swendsec@cadvision.com
Sun, 09 Nov 1997 19:07:22 -0700

The problem is that the corewood under the polyester finish has dried
out, this caused it to ripple and hte polyester is plastic enough to
follow the small shrinking and rippling of the corewood. ( which has
been historically, in most Asian pianos a very soft hardwood, used
because it can be bent very rapidly in their hydrolic rim presses.   I
understand it atkes about 55 sec. for them to bend the rims, and use
microwave guns to cure the glues.)
C. Mike Swendsen RPT