Dampers

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:24:07 -0800 (PST)

At 01:49 AM 11/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear list,
>    Concerning vertical dampers,  The ones from Schaff always seem to be
cut in a way that the white felt always veers off to the side and are never
quite centered with the red backing felt.  Any other sources that are made
better?

>Thanks,
>
>Bob Sadowski
>Erie, PA

I agree with you, Bob. The Laoureux felt seems to be good quality, but the
cutting is getting worse and worse, more and more on the bias. I have a few
more sets of precut, which I am saving for miserable low quality uprights,
where it works all right, just looks bad, even if you point them all the
same way. Otherwise I've started buying the uncut Laoureux felt, and cutting
it with the jig that Pianotek sells.

I'd also be interested in other sources that people have found work for
them. I'd like to go with the Yamaha sets already on blocks, but for
everyday work it is a little expensive.

Sincerely,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Enormous amounts of information are available, including, however, very
little reliable data on what it all means."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant