Historical temperaments and TuneLab software

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 22:26:48 -0500

Robert Scott wrote:

> Prompted by suggestions from Frank Weston and others, TuneLab 97
> tuning software now supports non-standard (historical) temperaments.
> It also has sound-generation for chipping.  It can be downloaded as
> shareware from http://www.wwnet.com/~rscott
>
> Bob Scott
> Ann Arbor, Michigan

Bob,

      Though you haven't heard from me since your original offering I
feel compelled to write now. I very much like the direction your product
is taking. You seem to be going at a slow but sure pace which I admire
as it seems the emphasis
is on accuracy and care in production. I thank you for including me in
your beta testers group. I only wish that I could offer some good
constructive help.  One thought does come to mind however, a prettier
graphic for the actual tuning screen would be better to look at. The
current one is reminicent of the old Peterson Strobe tuner.
      Anyway thanks!

                          Greg
                          gnewell@en.com  --