Marks inside Pianos

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 22:55:16 -0500 (EST)

One thing which hasn't been mentioned in all this discussion of what such
a log can tell us about the piano, is what it tells us about the piano's
owner. If you come across a log which lists steady service going back
over a number of years, and if (by asking the owner) you find that  this
service which you see thus recorded was during his/her ownership, you can
immediately compliment them on how well they've looked after the piano,
what an exemplary owner they've been. If they've been sold on regular
service once, they can be sold on it again. What's more they're probably
expecting to be sold it again, this time by you.

Where do I stand on the guest register? If I were more regular in my
service, I would probably feel better about a public notice of that
record. (The same way I don't advertise my bvusiness on the side of my
car, because I'm always driving in a hurry <g>)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

"There are day people and there are night people, and they will
unconsciously seek each other out so they can drive each other
crazy".......AM Radio Psychologist Dr. Joy Browne