SPINET OUT OF CONTROL (2)

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 22:54:10 -0500 (EST)

On 3/26/97, Warren Fisher <fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET> rote:
<<james allen bickerton wrote:>>
>LES,
>   Right again you are!!  The Wurlitzer Spinet didn't have "action bolts"
> but instead had relatively light weight wood screws.  >>

By now this is all of last week's news, but one thing which will make the
action regulation "hit the fan" is to mix up the location of the spacer
"hoses" which determined how far from the plate these RHead action screws
were going to hold the action brackets. As you can imagine, changing this
dimension (essentially, blow) will upset letoff, aftertouch, check, and
damper timing. In one simple absent-minded motion.

One of Bill Garlick's first lessons to his students (I'm class of 2/72)
is the monogamy of wood fasteners <g>. Once I learned to pay attention to
that, the business of not  mixing up the order of spacers  was one of
many things to follow from that.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

"There are fifty ways to screw up on this job. If you can think of twenty
of them, you're a genius......and you aint no genius"
Mickey Rourke to William Hurt, in "Body Heat", discussing arson.