clear coating plates

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 17:06:27 -0600

Dear list,
	I have been using clear spray cans of epoxie based material over the gold.
 I t dries slow but dries extremely hard.  It gives the effect of looking
thru the clear down into the gold.  Downside is that it diries slowly and
tends to pick up dust so you must take dust precautions.  I prefer to
reletter before clear coating which gives the lettering extra prominence.
I believe that although this probably wasn't done originally, it looks and
wears better for todays housekeepers who like to rub like crazy  and
sometimes with harsh cleaners.
Regards,
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com