discounts

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 17:22:47 -0600

I agree,
	We should not give discounts for what should be considered as normal
maintenance.  I would rather charge more for people who don't tune as often
as they should.
	As to teachers who say they can't afford to have you tune their piano and
expect you to give them a discount, do you get any remuneration when you
send them students!
	Tuning costs to a teacher are a valid business expense.  Do we get a
discount from the gas station because we buy so much gas?  Assuming that
they are keeping track and paying taxes on this income,  I find many
teachers that I ask for their business cards to give to enquiring
prospective students and many will not print cards fearing that they will
get caught by the IRS.
	What do you think,
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com