newbee marks..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 08:52:38 -0500 (EST)

...i've stayed out of this mini-cold war for obvious reasons..not enough=
 experience yet..but, in my limited experience, I have not left marks inside=
 pianos..business cards, yes..i have chosen to keep  detailed information=
 and let the customer KNOW that i have this info..i'm of the mindset that it=
 is MY responsibility as a technician to keep thorough and accurate=
 records..for example..right now i'm prepping a piano at a dealership for=
 display..it came shipped in a bad state..poorly regulated, badly out of=
 tune, that kinda stuff....I feel it is up to ME to keep those records...a=
 year from now when a customer calls me to tune this same piano, i'll know=
 EXACTLY what was done to=20this instrument already..perhaps some redundancy=
 going on here, but it makes me feel better informed for the=
 customer..they're the ones who are gonna be calling me back, NOT the=
 dealer....and as for new customers from referrals, they ALL seem pleased=
 that there's someone *looking after* their instrument..apparently there's=
 been some damage done around here as far as customer relations are=
 concerned..and that's where i'll shine in this business FIRST..cocky?..not=
 really, just confident i'll keep the customers i aquire LONG after the=
 initial visit..!!
                                =20