Service Vehicle mileage totals

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 08:20:00 -0500 (EST)

You guys!

You make me feel like a piker with only 242K on my 1989 Caprice Classic.

I chose the full size sedan route because both back seat and trunk are wide
enough for any action, and normally all my tools and supplies are out of
sight in the spacious trunk.  It will also accommodate a piano tilter if need
be.  In the unlikely event of a head-on collision, there is no likelihood of
all that stuff flying forward into the unsuspecting driver.

The engine has had no major repairs (unless you count flywheel replacement
brought on by a poorly rebuilt starter), needs no oil between changes, does
not smoke after idling and still gets 24 mpg on a trip (with 50k on the
plugs).  How long do these automatic transmissions go now before needing
rebuilding?  I thought it was the Japanese who were building the dependable
cars!

Bill Maxim, RPT