Piano plate refinishing

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 06:38:30 -0500

Based on a recommendation I received through this list I have just
completed spraying Rustoleum Gold Metallic on a grand plate and it looks
nice and professional.  However, I get a powdery residue on my finger when
I rub it over the plate.  Any ideas about what I should use to clean that
off without removing the main finish too?  I had originally planned to
apply a clear coat but several of the messages advised against that.  I'm
wondering why.  I thought a clear coat would protect the finish.  Any
advice would be appreciated.

Ted Simmons
Merritt Island, FL