Service Vehicle mileage totals

Lee M. Sankey lsankey@swbell.net
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 02:59:10 -0600

DaleP34429@aol.com wrote:

> << >. My 90 Toyota PU has
>  >166,000 miles.
>  Lee and list,
>         Let's compare for the fun of it. 166k is pretty good. I've got 415k on my
>  81 dodge PU. 'bout you?
>  Guy
>   >>
> Guy,
>
> You must be an astronaut, you have been to the moon and back! I have an '89
> Dodge Caravan CV with a paltry 129,000 on it. Has worked well for me.
> Elizabeth has used an '88 Mazda 323 two door, a '93 Ford Escort wagon, and
> currently drives a '96 Mitsubishi Mirage two door. She has no trouble
> carrying piano gear in any of them. I carry organ repair gear, enough piano
> stuff to do anything short of a rebuild, and various junk in the van. Still
> have enough room to load a spinet organ through the side door or a grand
> action, whatever. I agree with Allan, a van takes longer to heat or cool and
> you get to sniff a heady aroma of chemical cocktails occasionally. Gas
> mileage runs 20 in town or out, uphill or down. The 2.5 four is like Susan's
> a little slow on the getgo. All in all, I have enjoyed the view, as Warren
> says.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dale Probst and Elizabeth Ward
> Registered Piano Technicians
> Ward & Probst, Inc.
> Piano and Organ Service
> Wichita Falls, TX

Let's see if anyone can top this. I have a 1979 Dodge fullsize van B250
and it has 742,000 miles on it and is now being drivin by my son who is
servicing pianos. I have a 95 Ford Chateau full size van (E350) with a
power stroke diesel motor that I hope lasts half as long as the old
Dodge. The Dodge is on its third motor.

Lee Sankey
lsankey@swbell.net
San Antonio, TX