Scheidmayer & Celeste Regulation

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:46:05 -0600

About Schiedmayer.
	 A technician in the San Francisco Bay Area sold their pianos in the
70's and 80's.  Then he switched to Grotrian. His company might by
chance have a tech sheet on the celeste.  I would have to inquire by
phone or postage stamp.
	 According to Pierce Piano Atlas 10th ed (1997), Schiedmayer &
Soehne, Est. 1809, Schillerplatz 4, Stuttgart, Germany. In late 1979
Schiedmayer was taken over by Rud. Ibach Sohn.  In early 1984
Schiedmayer & Soehne was being made under license by Kemble in
England."  {See below}
	Also Pierce lists Schiedmayer, J & P., Piano Mfg. Co., Est. 1853 by
Julius and Paul Schiedmayer at Neckarstrasse 21, Stuttgart, Germany.
This name now is owned by Kawai."

	Please order your Pierce Atlas NOW, so I won't be sued for quoting
too much.  : ))

For bleeps and giggles I put Scheidmayer into the bowser (scuse,,
browser : )) Avery mentioned.  The Piano Page was right up there,
with pretty much the same info as Pierce. (and Fine?)  There were a
few more references  I didn't get to.
	As to the celeste specs, its a good thing to know, but from the two
I have seen, I would have to agree with Ed Foote, they can be figured
out. The old maxim applies, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Of
course that only flies so far, because if it is about to break...or
"won't work under these conditions",,  .which is another reason why
we are technicians, or the "other side of the story".  Which comes
back again to RTFM. .

>From Avery Todd...
 Here's a new seach engine on the web some of you might be interested
in.
The URL is: http://www.dogpile.com/

 (Not Kimball America who had something to do with Bosendorfer,, 1966
??? (in Pierce) that's gotta be a misprint.    rm  (I think 86
correct or verify please)

----------
> From: EugeniaCar@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Celeste Regulation
> Date: Thursday, March 27, 1997 11:59 AM
>
> In a message dated 97-03-27 09:42:56 EST, joelr@flash.net (Joel
Rappaport)
> writes:
>
> << Is there anyone out there, anyplace, that knows how to do this?
>  Also, does anyone know for sure if the Schiedmayer Company is
still
>  operating in the Stuttgart area or anywhere else?  >>
>
> Joel,
>
> Our symphony also has one which needs regulation which I don't know
how to do
> either. So, if you do find someone who has this kind of expertise,
I would