Difficult situations

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:40:54 -0800

Leslie W Bartlett wrote:
I am scheduled to tune (first time) in the home of a band
> director in the school district for which I tune. The teacher indicated
> he wouldn't be there when I got there, but his daughter will be home,
> since she doesn't have sectionals that day.  I now think it prudent to
> call and reschedule when an adult will be there.

>  On the other hand, too safe is better than too sorry.
>
> Leslie Bartlett

That's smart, Leslie.  Such a charge directed at you would probably lose
you your school job pronto.  A friend was a youth director and choir
director in his church. A teen-aged girl charged him with sexual
misconduct a year and a half after the alleged incident and he was fired
instantly!  Nothing he said meant anything to the church!  He was
married with two kids.  It literally destroyed him.  I saw him two years
later selling for a piano dealer.

It's irritating to have to rearrange your schedule, but do it!

Warren

--
Warren D. Fisher
fish@communique.net