ANNUAL TUNING

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 16:54:06 -0600

----------
> From: Pianotoone@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: ANNUAL TUNING
> Date: Monday, March 24, 1997 10:14 AM

> << I started
>  this practice after another tuner said that only about 40% of his
customers
>  have regular (at least every year) tunings. Has anyone else used a
similar
>  plan? >>
>
> I have a small but powerful Shopsmith Vacuum.  I offer a free vacuum
(takes
> about 10 minutes or less including time to pack and unpack the machine)
> all my regular customers.  At the risk of getting flamed for not being
> politically correct, I will say the the women customers really
appreciatte
> this...particularly the first time you open the piano and they see the
years
> of dust.
>
> Dick Day
> Marshall MI
> Dear Dick,
While I had my son training with me for about a month I carried my small
vacuume with us and performed this service free.  Got good feedback and
thanks.  Gave up when my son gave up learning the buz.  I already carry too
much stuff in the clients house to carry on the service.
This may give you an edge if you are beginning your career.
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com