Bechstein-restauration

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 18:50:06 +0000

Hi Horace,

I just did a set before Christmas it was for a Chappell six foot grand.
I used Fletchers this time,  there turn around time is roughly two weeks
and the cost is £114.00. + VAT and  P+P

Ne-tone hammers, Fletchers and Heckschers all do a re-covering service.
I used both Hechschers and Fletchers not a lot of difference in quality
or price.  Turn around time can be a bit better at Heckschers. (address
below) Now with me, it all depends who I owe the most money too, on
which one I use.  Ne-tone hammers I haven't used for about 16 years.

They just match whatever is on the hammers to start with, sometimes you
have to re-set some of the shanks at the bass tenor brake, also you must
consider the quality of the shanks, flanges and bushings, as not all
hammers are worth re-covering due to the poor quality of the bushings
and centre pin size,  all have to be considered.

<A HREF="http://www.airtime.co.uk/forte/f&n.htm">H. J.FLETCHER & NEWMAN
LTD</A>

<A HREF="http://www.airtime.co.uk/forte/heckscher/heck.htm">HECKSCHER &
CO,. Ltd</A> will have Email soon.