Steinway flat board

Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:18:22 -0800

List,

As an addendum to Mike's post, there have been dealers (some of them well
known)
who have offered "extended" warranty contracts, or an extended warranty as
a part of the sale.

In presentation, such warranties have not always been represented as from
the dealer, not the
manufacturer.  Certainly Steinway is not alone in having been the
beneficiary of such
representation.

Horace

At 04:31 PM 3/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Les
>
>I was able to locate actual purchase orders from individual sales dating
back to
>1921. These had the same 5 year warranty as a Steinway today. Henry Steinway
>also told me today that there was always a 5 year warranty.If you
disagree, call
>him.
>The only difference from the warranty wording is that in the 20's there
was an
>added sentance which stated that " the presence of rust on the metal parts
of
>this pianoforte is absolute proof that the instrument has been affected by
>dampness and in such a case we will not be responsible for damage to the
>interior or exterior of the piano resulting therefrom." That sentance has
been
>since removed.
>

>Mike Mohr
>Steinway factory, NYC