OUCH! -Reply

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 13:47:57 -0500 (EST)

> Subj:	Re: OUCH! -Reply
>  Date:	97-03-21 09:23:14 EST
>  From:	lesbart@juno.com (Leslie W Bartlett)
>
>  Bob-
>  $170~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pretty bad. However,

Les & Horace,
The ones I got came in a container from Westone (I think they do hearing
aids). They are numbered ER-15, like the ones my wife got several years ago
from Etymotics Research. I don't know if Etymotics has been subsumed by
Westone or what.

As far as the price, mine were $140 at the California convention. Some on the
list have quoted a lower price elsewhere, but I decided I had waited way too
long and I wanted them RIGHT THEN. I considered them paid for within two
days, as I tuned one piano per day I hadn't planned to, just out of the sheer
joy of not getting my ears beat up. Speaking of necessary tools of the trade,
we think nothing of spending $100 for a new tuning lever or $1,500 for an
Accu-Tuner, but it seems like so much when it comes to spending $1xx for a
lifetime of hearing....

Yes, we humans are strange. Didn't you know?

Bob Davis